Now that testosterone-boosting supplements and steroids are all the rage, people are finding it easier and easier to pack on muscle. Unfortunately, this also means that people are more and more prone to some of the side effects, like ‘man boobs,’ or ‘moobs,’ also known as gynecomastia (which can occur naturally as well). As you might expect, many men are wondering how to get rid of gynecomastia.
When finding solutions on how to get rid of man boobs, you should avoid seeking relief from other drugs that are hard on the system. The best course of action would be to stop engaging in any activity or drug use that promotes the development of gynecomastia – however, if this isn’t enough or if your man boobs aren’t caused by drugs, there are natural ways to help you get rid of them.
That’s what we’ll discuss in this article. You’ll learn about what causes gynecomastia, avoiding it, and how to get rid of moobs fast by using supplements or making lifestyle changes.
Table of Contents
- What is Gynecomastia?
- Causes of gynecomastia
- Prescriptions drugs
- Anabolic steroids
- Herbicides and pesticides
- Plastics and canned foods
- Sleep deprivation
- How to get rid of gyno
- Gynecomastia exercises
- Diet and calorie restriction
- Herbal supplements
- Gynecomastia and low testosterone levels
- How to get rid of man boobs fast:
- Strength training
- Reduce calorie consumption
- Improve diet to boost testosterone production
- Take a testosterone boosting supplement
Gynecomastia is a condition that is also referred to as moobs – short-form for ‘man-boobs.’ The term is pretty self-explanatory – some men have larger nipples that store more fat than others, making them seem more like a female breast than the typical, desired ‘flat-chested’ male nipple.
Gyno can be quite embarrassing, and many men feel the need to eliminate gyno as fast as they can so that they can develop a particular appearance. It can be hard for some men to flaunt their appearance if they have sagging breasts, and this can be of special importance for men who are working out a lot.
Gyno can lead to a number of other issues, ranging from depression to anxiety to self-confidence problems. Physical problems can also emerge – tenderness in the chest area, mild pain, and other issues can emerge.
There are many reasons that you might want to get rid of gynecomastia. The first thing that you’re going to need to do is figure out exactly why you have the problem in the first place – that way, you’ll know how to effectively manage it.
Gynecomastia is common, and one of the reasons for this is because there are a wide range of different things that can contribute to the storage of fat in a man’s chest. Ultimately, most causes of gynecomastia have something to do with an interference in the male hormonal system.
If you’re wondering how to get rid of moobs in a month or less, determine whether or not any of the following issues are contributing to your moobs. If they are, then try to make a lifestyle adjustment.
There are a lot of different drugs that can contribute to the development of gynecomastia, with somewhere between ten and twenty percent of most cases of moobs being caused as a result of prescribed medication.
Some of the most common medications that are known to contribute to man boobs are:
- Anxiety medications
- Medication that helps manage symptoms of AIDS
- Chemotherapy medications
- Drugs for managing ulcers or other gastrointestinal problems
- Heart meds
If you’re taking anabolic steroids and you’re wondering how to get rid of moobs in a week, well – I’m sorry to say, but you might need to stop taking your steroids. Steroids are one of the most notorious causes of man boobs, and if you stop taking your steroids then they’ll probably go away.
Some people may not experience a reduction in their man boobs within a week, but with continued exercise, they’ll definitely go away.
Herbicides and pesticides
There’s no doubt that some of the compounds that are added to our foods can have an impact on our health. If you’re not getting organic, ethically sourced food, then you’re probably eating food that’s covered in herbicides and pesticides.
Some pesticides are known to interfere with our production of hormones. Since hormonal imbalances are usually at the root of most cases of man boobs, consuming things like herbicides or pesticides that influence our hormonal systems can contribute to the problem.
Plastics and canned foods
Some studies have shown that canned foods contain compounds known as phthalates, which can contribute to hormonal imbalances and potentially lead to gynecomastia.
Getting a healthy amount of sleep is important for all aspects of our health – especially the regulation of our hormonal systems. If we deprive ourselves of sleep, we have a harder time digesting nutrients which are important for maintaining our endocrine (hormonal) systems which can lead to imbalances that can contribute to man boobs.
If you’re wondering how to get rid of gynecomastia naturally, there are plenty of options for you. These are some of the most effective and reliable ways to help you fight off the dreaded man boobs.
There are a lot of forms of exercise that are particularly effective for helping to fight off man boobs. Some of the best include:
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT). These are a series of quick but very intense exercises followed by low-intensity exercises. Switching between these two types of exercise allows your metabolism to increase, effectively burning more calories and allowing your body to shed fat quicker.
- Pushups. These are great for toning the muscles in your chest and keeping the skin in the area tight.
- Dumbbell incline presses. These are useful for tightening and toning the muscles in your chest much like pushups, though they more specifically target the region.
- Seated rows are another fantastic exercise to help tighten and tone the muscles in your chest.
Diet and calorie restriction
It’s definitely possible for you to develop man boobs simply as a result of not having a healthy diet. If you consume more calories than you burn, then these calories will be stored as fat on the body.
One of the best ways to reduce fat is to help reduce the number of calories that you consume. If you consume fewer calories then you won’t have a surplus of energy and your body will begin to use the stored fat as an energy source.
There are a number of supplements that can be useful for helping to manage the development of gynecomastia. Most of these supplements have something to do with the regulation of the hormonal systems or increasing metabolism.
- Tribulus terrestris could be useful for helping to manage the symptoms of low testosterone.
- Pine pollen is one of the most effective natural testosterone boosters and can help regulate hormonal systems.
- Some people have reported success using a combination of turmeric and black pepper.
If you can’t get rid of gynecomastia with any of the other ideas we’ve described in this article, then you might want to consider surgery. Surgery should be considered a last resort – while this invasive procedure can be highly effective, it can also cause a number of repercussions.
Surgery comes with all the obvious inconveniences of surgical procedures – recovery time, hospital stays, and high costs. However. If you’re having difficulty managing your man boobs or if you’re wondering how to get rid of man boobs right away, surgery could help.
As mentioned above, gynecomastia can be a result of low testosterone levels. Gyno is primarily caused by some sort of hormonal imbalance.
Ideally, a man will have a healthy balance of testosterone and estrogen in the body. Men generally have more testosterone than estrogen and women have the opposite.
- Testosterone is involved in the development of ‘manly’ traits, like muscle growth, facial and body hair, and a deep voice.
- Estrogen is generally involved with the management of female traits, such as the growth of breast tissue.
If you have a higher amount of estrogen, this can lead to the development of man boobs.
One might wonder how using steroids could contribute to the development of man boobs if steroids are supposed to increase the amount of testosterone in the body. While they do this, testosterone also naturally goes through a process known as ‘aromatization.’
During this process, free testosterone is actually converted into estrogen – this is responsible for many of the estrogenic side effects associated with testosterone.
If you suspect that your gynecomastia is caused specifically by a problem with your testosterone levels, you could use a testosterone-boosting supplement like TestoGen. Supplements like these contain a number of natural ingredients that have been shown to help enhance testosterone production.
If you’re hoping to really shed your man boobs quick, there are still more ideas that you can try. Adding these to some of the ideas discussed above could speed along the process of reducing the size of your man boobs.
All forms of exercise can be useful for helping to ward off man boobs, but strength training can particularly useful. One of the reasons that strength training can be especially beneficial is because it can help to boost testosterone levels.
Strength training focuses on high-intensity exercises in short amounts of repetition. Any exercise that causes you to max out within 6-12 reps is considered effective strength training.
Reduce calorie consumption
One of the best ways to reduce the amount of fat that you have is by reducing the number of calories that you consume. As discussed earlier, excess calories are stored in the body as fat. This, combined with any hormonal imbalances, could contribute to the development of man boobs.
Improve diet to boost testosterone production
It’s not just reducing calories that can be helpful for fighting off man boobs – another thing that’s important is making sure that you eat the right foods.
- Make sure that you are eating a healthy diet rich in vegetables and fruits. Fresh, unprocessed foods will provide you with the proper nutrition needed to develop a healthy endocrine system. Foods like pumpkin seeds can be useful for boosting T levels.
- Make sure that you get your zinc. Zinc is one of the most important nutrients for helping to manage the endocrine system and is particularly effective for helping to produce testosterone.
- Eat your fats. This might sound contradictory, but fat is necessary for testosterone production. Make sure that you eat healthy fats, though they might be high in calories. Things like olive oil and coconut oil can be particularly useful for improving the health of your endocrine system.
Take a testosterone boosting supplement
One of the best things that you can do for managing your testosterone levels and reducing the impact of low testosterone is to take a testosterone-boosting supplement.
There are lots on the market, but TestoGen is one of the most reliable and effective. Testogen contains a number of natural ingredients that have been proven to help increase the amount of testosterone that the body produces.
- Zinc, as mentioned above, is important for helping the body produce testosterone.
- Red ginseng extract is a powerful aphrodisiac and energy booster that can help restore hormonal health.
- Vitamin B6 is important for the maintenance and production of testosterone.
- Fenugreek extract is another natural substance that can be useful for helping to promote the production of hormones.
- Vitamin D. Men with low levels of vitamin D have been shown to have low levels of testosterone in many cases.
Gynecomastia is a fairly common problem that can be caused by a number of issues. Fortunately, there are just as many ways that you can overcome the problem. Hopefully, this article has helped you understand a bit more about how you can fight off gynecomastia.