Fat is often looked upon as this evil thing that you should avoid like the flu. Well, contrary to popular belief, it is a very important macronutrient for your body. All of your hormones rely on fat for proper functioning, especially testosterone. Think about that the next time you entertain the idea of buying low-fat yogurt or cheese!
You might get a protein hit, but you won’t reap the full benefits of the testosterone hit. This recipe is high in fat, but as long as you choose ingredients that are natural and as clean as possible, you’ll be fine.
- 3 100% pure beef hot dogs
- 1 cup red quinoa
- ½ cup soybeans
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 strips of bacon
1. Add the quinoa and 2 cups of water to a pot and bring to the boil. Throw in a pinch of salt and the coconut oil. Stir and turn the heat down to low. Let it simmer until the water is completely absorbed. This should take about 10 minutes.
2. Once the quinoa is done, set it aside and boil the hot dogs and fry the bacon.
3. After the hot dogs and bacon are done, chop them up into small pieces and throw them in with the quinoa.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot of quinoa and drizzle the maple syrup over the top.
5. Blend thoroughly with a large spoon until an even consistency is reached.
6. Scoop into a fancy casserole dish and take it to a dinner party. Or eat what you want and store the rest in the fridge for later in the week.
If you have reservations about beef hot dogs, choose turkey or chicken. Just make sure that there are no fillers, contaminants, hormones, or antibiotics in them. The same goes for the bacon – especially no nitrites or nitrates.
Also, to round it out to a complete meal, steam up some broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, or kale and put some grass-fed butter on top. These are cruciferous vegetables, which are not only high in cancer-fighting antioxidants, but also help boost testosterone levels.
You get it all with this dish. It’s a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat; it’s high in fiber; and it’s also high in iron and B vitamins. Not to mention, it’s calorie-dense in case you are trying to bulk up.
Although the idea of preparing a meal might cause you to go into startle reflex, focus on the good that can come out of it. You can end up bigger, stronger, and more attractive in one fell swoop. And once you start making meals, you’ll get into a rhythm and it will be a piece of cake!