Male confidence is an attractive trait. Those that project feelings of confidence often draw people towards them pretty easily. But being a confident man doesn’t always come so easy for many of us.
So when you’re lacking in this department, it’s not uncommon to try to figure out how to be a confident man. Is it just something some men have? Can you gain confidence? Of course, you can.
Let’s face it, we’ve all been there. Some of us lacked confidence in our teenage years, especially when our hormones hit us like a truck. For others, periods of adulthood can affect male confidence.
If you’re nodding in agreement and trying to work out how to be a more confident man, you’re in the right place. Let’s dive in.
Here are 15 ways to get more male confidence in your life. But first, let’s take a look at confidence a little more closely.
Being a confident man
We all have different interpretations of male confidence.
Whether it’s your ‘luck’ with women or self-confidence in the workplace or with friends, we all have times where we say: ‘I wish I was more confident.’
Sometimes we just need a roadmap to better ourselves and grab that confidence we seek with both hands. If you’ve ever sat watching a smooth, charismatic presentation and thought ‘I wish I could have confidence like that,’ you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.
So whether you’re wishing for that self-confidence to stand up and pitch at work, or approach that special someone you can’t take your eyes off, we’ve got just the thing.
Stop thinking about how to become a confident man and start following our 15 tips for a more confident you. Here’s how.
1. Have a vision
When you know where you’re going, it makes it far easier to plan the route to get there. Being a confident man is about creating a clear vision for yourself, with clear direction.
How to be a more confident man with a plan:
- Write down your goals for the future
- Review previous dreams and goals to establish whether you’re upping your game and dreaming bigger or injecting some new passion into existing ones
- Start taking small steps towards your end goal. This will help you to gain male confidence along the way, while establishing the reality of your vision
- Get comfortable with your vision. It may change, and that’s okay
- Don’t be ashamed of what you want to achieve
- Keep a reminder of your vision nearby – whether it’s a daily reminder on your phone or where you spend a lot of your time (such as on your desk at work)
2. Fail to improve
Setting goals for being a confident man is one thing, but being okay with (potential) failure is an entirely different subject.
We all get things wrong. We all try to learn new skills, get frustrated, fail, try again and so on. This is a healthy outlook to have. While you may set yourself goals and have planned how to achieve them, you need to be okay with failure.
The trouble is, when we fail at something, often our first thought is to give up. Being a confident man means accepting your failures and giving them a second shot.
Also Read: The best core workout for men
Unsure how to be a confident man? Try, try, and try again. Breaking that moment of feeling sorry for yourself or even ashamed or frustrated at failing will help you achieve your vision far easier. Embracing failure means taking action on what went wrong and improving upon it!
Here’s how to be a more confident man by accepting failure:
- Become more self-aware – If something doesn’t work out, there are other ways to achieve your vision. Don’t be put off, simply accept this failure, stomach it, and try a new direction
- Unsure about trying something new for fear of failing? Try asking yourself why you feel scared, it’ll allow you to break down those barriers
- Suck at something? Try it anyway. Whether it’s a sport you know you’re horrible at or a hobby that’s totally alien to you, get used to doing something you’re unfamiliar with
3. Get to know yourself better
If you’re trying to figure out how to be a confident man, start with getting to know yourself. Growing your self-confidence is not just about portraying male confidence to your peers, but feeling confident in yourself.
But what does being a confident man take? Here are some ways to grow in this area:
- Put the time in, repeatedly – The more you do, the more that male confidence grows
- Take some time to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses – this will you to evaluate yourself better and know how to become a confident man in areas of weakness
- Speak to friends and family regarding your strengths and weaknesses – doing so will help you to identify any potential trends
- Take a personality test – This will help you to uncover how you think and why, helping to discover yourself
Boost your testosterone with Testogen
Testogen boosts your testosterone naturally and reverses the symptoms of low T. So you can feel better, every day. Right now if you order two bottles of Testogen you get a third absolutely free!
4. Take pride in your appearance
When we feel and look good, we naturally feel more confident. Take the time to spruce up your appearance, having a shower and a shave every day, forming a basic grooming routine.
Once you get into a routine, you’ll never look back. Male confidence isn’t about restocking your entire closet, but feeling your best in the clothes you wear and putting time into your appearance.
Also Read: How to get a summer body in 4 weeks
Shower first thing to get yourself motivated for the day ahead, shave, brush your teeth and comb your hair! While lockdown may have thrown us all into sweat pants and old shirts, it’s time to dig out those clothes that make you feel good.
Male confidence 101 – Dress to feel good!
5. Motivate yourself with past wins
If you’re wondering how to be a confident man, take a moment to look back at previous moments of success.
Whether you’re looking for some motivation to get you started on your path to male confidence or you hit a blip mid-way, past successes can be a great confidence boost on their own!
6. Eat well
Being a confident man isn’t just about looking confident, but feeling confident from within. Male confidence is about looking after your mental and physical wellbeing – which includes a healthy diet.
As well as getting into a grooming routine, eating well can help kickstart your self-care, taking the time to appreciate healthy foods that make you feel good and full of energy.
- Switch processed snack foods out for health alternatives
- Prep meals in advance to refrain from buying junk food while working
- Spend time cooking to enjoy healthy eating and really tasting those flavors
7. Male confidence means taking action
If you want to know how to be a more confident man, start with taking action! Male confidence means being confident in your decision making, instead of letting feelings of fear, anxiety or apprehension hold you back.
Looking for ways to take action and gain male confidence? Start small:
- Create a daily routine, making your bed first thing
- Make a workout routine for regular exercise
- Do something you don’t want to do regularly, pushing you out of your comfort zone
- Feel anxious or uncertain? Ask yourself why and try push through
- Create daily tasks you can tick off and feel confident in achieving
- Ask yourself – Is not taking action worth it?
8. Push yourself to new limits
If taking risks totally baffles you, it’s time to join the club! This type of male confidence may not happen overnight, but it does come from constant pursuit and action-taking.
Unsure how to become a confident man that pushes himself? Start with these tips:
- Don’t leave difficult tasks until last, tackle them first
- Face a new fear each week
- If you feel uncomfortable with something, don’t run, finish it
- Don’t forget to check back to where you started for an added confidence boost
9. Keep a positive mindset
Being a confident man is primarily about your mindset. If you tackle something while thinking negatively, you’re unlikely going to put your heart and soul into it.
Instead of thinking that you can’t do something, take on the challenge and find ways to complete it. Male confidence is about seeing the positives and taking a challenge in your stride!
How to become a confident man with a positive mindset:
- Become self-aware, so that you are able to see when you are focusing on the negative
- When faced with a tricky situation, write out the positives to move forward and improve it
- Write down positive affirmations, reading them out loud daily
10. Implement generosity
A generous man knows he has something good to offer. If you have extra money, practice generosity to an important cause. If not, offer some of your time to a non-profit that needs help.
When you become confident in yourself and your abilities, you’ll quickly recognize you have something to give, in one form or another.
11. Keep an open mind
None of us knows everything, but you should be open to learning. Being a confident man means acknowledging when we are wrong, don’t know something and have room to improve.
By being open to learning and asking for help, you become a well-rounded man who is continuously growing in knowledge (and therefore, male confidence).
12. Be content with silence
Many of us believe that being a confident man means being the loudest, most talkative man in the room. Often, it is the complete opposite.
Male confidence is about being entirely content with sitting in silence while the chaos happens around you. You do not need to be noticed or heard, but instead satisfied as a spectator.
The composed man knows when to talk and when not to – echoing a man of confidence. While the man who talks non-stop in situations may be an insecure man who doesn’t know how to handle silence or not being heard.
13. Always persevere
Choosing not to give up shows male confidence in itself. Don’t be afraid to fail, and take any opportunities to learn in your stride.
This means finishing what you started, start with small tasks that are easy to see from start to finish and focusing on and developing your vision.
14. Be curious, always
Being a confident man means not being afraid to ask questions, keeping an open mind on topics you’re not fully clued up on.
Don’t be afraid to learn and broaden your knowledge and continue to be curious about things you may not know too well!
How to be a confident man that asks questions:
- Unsure what someone means? Ask for clarity
- Dig deeper into things by asking, ‘what do you mean?’
- Rather than make a statement, ask a question
- Observe reactions when you choose to ask questions instead of making statements
15. Don’t just tick boxes
Being a confident man means offering empathy and love to those around you.
Male confidence is being okay with not everyone liking you, or thinking you’re the best thing since sliced bread. Being a people-pleaser won’t get you anywhere.
Here are some tips to fight this urge:
- Do a self-audit – If your beliefs or stance on issues change according to those around you, try to avoid this, and take a stand for what you believe in
- Learn how to say “no” to situations – Don’t agree or say yes just to please people
Being a confident man may not happen overnight, but with these 15 tips, you’ll be well on your way to feeling confident in yourself every day.
If you’re feeling fatigued, your testosterone levels could be low, knocking your confidence and performance both in the gym and in the bedroom.
Testogen’s 100% natural formula works to safely increase your T levels, giving you increased energy, confidence and drive back!