Pine pollen is an increasingly popular substance. This entirely natural plant-based product can provide the body with a number of health benefits, but one of the most popular reasons that it’s used is because of the way that it influences the body’s hormonal system.
In today’s world, working out and building muscle is an increasingly popular pastime. Currently, many people are still resorting to the use of synthetic androgens – substances that increase the amount of testosterone available to the body – and steroids. Unfortunately, these drugs are known to cause many unpleasant side effects and can be quite dangerous.
For this reason, more and more bodybuilders, athletes, and average people are turning to natural alternatives like pine pollen to help them manage or improve upon their hormonal health. In this article, we’re going to go into detail about pine pollen so you can learn about why this natural androgen could be a fantastic addition to your bodybuilding routine.
Pine pollen is one of the few entirely natural, plant-based substances that actually contains testosterone. The substance is actually the sperm of the pine tree and is responsible for the reproduction of the entire plant species.
Pine pollen is naturally spread by the wind, and during the reproductive season of the pine tree, it tends to coat the ground and other nearby plants in testosterone and a number of other hormones that are useful for helping to stimulate growth and reproduction.
There is even some suggestion that pine pollen is actually beneficial for the growth of young people during the warmer seasons. Children will be exposed to the testosterone and other hormones in the plant matter when they’re playing outside, and this can help to accelerate their growth.
Pine pollen is useful for a number of things, but the most popular use is for helping to boost or balance levels of testosterone.
This is important for both men and women, though men are generally more interested in taking substances to help increase testosterone levels. There are a number of reasons that someone might want to use testosterone.
- The main reason that people take testosterone supplements is that they can be useful for helping to improve muscle growth and athletic performance. Bodybuilders, athletes and professional sports players can benefit from testosterone therapy because it will enhance their capacity to build muscle as well as improve upon the speed at which they recover after workouts.
- People struggling with low testosterone will also be interested in increasing levels of this important hormone. There are a number of issues that can arise if you don’t have enough testosterone – you may develop high cholesterol, age more quickly, have weak muscles, experience blood sugar imbalances, or struggle with chronic fatigue and motivation issues.
- Testosterone is also highly involved in the body’s reproductive system and people with low testosterone often experience a number of sexual issues like impotence, erectile dysfunction, or low libido.
- Low levels of testosterone can also contribute to prostate cancer. Conversely, harsh synthetic androgens can actually increase the growth of prostate cancer, so natural substances like pine pollen can be useful for striking a balance.
Pine pollen is available in a number of different forms: it can be purchased as a pine pollen powder, which is great for helping people make their own dosages. Pine pollen tinctures are liquid forms of the substance and can be equally as beneficial.
Pine pollen works in a different – and arguably more effective – manner than many other androgens because it actually contains phyto-testosterone. This means that it can directly provide testosterone to the body’s endocrine (hormonal) system and benefits can be experienced relatively quickly. It may not provide immediate results like steroids, but it will provide results in a more sustainable and less dangerous way.
Many other androgens mimic the effects of testosterone by filling the same spaces in the body’s hormonal system. This may cause a number of effects that are similar or identical to those caused by testosterone itself, but can drastically interfere with the body’s natural production of testosterone.
If you’re getting all of your testosterone receptors filled by an external, synthetic source, then your body will naturally develop issues with producing its own testosterone. Anabolic steroids are known to cause issues like failure of the hormonal system, sexual dysfunction, the growth of breasts or the shrinking of testicles, and other issues.
Pine pollen helps to prevent this by providing a natural and relatively sustainable source of this important hormone, though it’s important to still tread carefully and avoid using it too often or for too long.
Furthermore, pine pollen testosterone works in a more holistic manner than other androgens because, according to study, it provides the body with additional hormones instead of just jacking up levels of testosterone. Pine pollen contains hormones such as DHEA, androsterone, and androstenedione, all of which are important for the production, maintenance, and efficacy of our hormonal system.
Pine pollen powder is also known to help regulate levels of estrogen in the body and can offset some of the symptoms of estrogen imbalance.
In addition to the hormones that pine pollen provides, the substance is a rich source of many different vitamins and minerals. All of these nutrients and hormones combine to create pine pollen benefits that are wide and varied. Some of these can include:
- Improved libido. Libido is most often associated with sex drive, and it’s true that many people experience an increase in sexual desire when their libido increases. However, sexual energy is also important for boosting energy throughout the day. A higher libido often results in more motivation and determination – as long as one knows how to effectively channel that energy into other non-sexual pursuits. Testosterone supplements like pine pollen help to boost libido.
- Improved immunity. Pine pollen powder contains a number of nutrients that can be useful for helping to boost the immune system. The immune system is our body’s primary defense mechanism and is important for helping to ward off diseases and infections.
- Enhanced skin health. Pine pollen has been used for helping people improve the health of their skin. It’s able to help the skin heal quicker and can be applied topically or taken internally – both methods will help to improve the look, strength, and overall health of your skin.
- Enhanced longevity. People with hormonal imbalances may notice that they begin to age prematurely. Using a natural, holistic hormonal balancer like pine pollen can help to prevent signs of premature aging. This, coupled with its impressive skin-boosting benefits, can help to ensure that you stay looking young and healthy for many years.
Pine pollen benefits are certainly powerful, but it’s also important to be aware of what you’re hoping to get out of using the substance. As seen in the pine pollen testosterone study linked to above, however, pine pollen certainly can influence our hormones.
One of the issues with many natural substances is that people come to them when they’re looking for an alternative to harsh, synthetic drugs that are known to cause dangerous side effects. They come to these natural substances expecting them to provide the same instantaneous and often overbearing effects that their synthetic drugs caused.
The reality is that this simply isn’t going to happen. Natural substances like pine pollen work in a way that’s natural, meaning that it works within the range of your body’s capacity.
Anabolic steroids and synthetic androgens generally push your body far beyond its limits, which is why they are able to produce such drastic results so quickly – and also why they’re able to cause such serious side effects. The body simply isn’t meant to put on 5 pounds a week, and if you’re taking enough steroids for this to happen, you’re bound to experience some side effects.
While pine pollen might be a lot safer than your traditional steroids or other androgenic substance, it’s important to note that it could cause some side effects in certain cases.
One of the first things to be aware of is a potential allergy. A pine pollen powder allergy will be similar to pretty much any other allergy and will cause a histamine reaction, causing symptoms like sneezing, a runny nose, watery eyes, itching, and hives. In the case of a severe allergy, anaphylaxis can occur. For this reason, it’s important to start out taking a very small dose so you can assess whether or not you’ll experience an allergic reaction – the same with any new supplement.
It’s generally considered to be a good idea to check with your doctor before using pine pollen if you’re pregnant. Taking too much testosterone can interfere with pregnancy and can cause the virilization of a female fetus, though this isn’t as likely when using a natural substance like pine pollen.
Aside from this, pine pollen is generally considered to be safe and is certainly much less risky than other synthetic androgens.
Pine pollen is a natural testosterone-boosting substance that can provide a person with a number of health benefits. Pine pollen powder is a rich source of nutrients and natural hormones that can help to balance health without running the risk of serious side effects like traditional hormone-boosting drugs.
Hopefully, you’ve learned enough about pine pollen from this article to know whether or not this natural substance will be a good addition to your diet.
Check also: Bulbine Natalensis Benefits and Side Effects >>